What is Plaid and is it Safe?
Bumped users link their credit and debit cards so that Bumped can automatically reward them when they spend with their Loyalty Brands. To safely and securely link those cards, Bumped uses a tech company called Plaid. So, what is Plaid?
Plaid helps bridge digital platforms with users’ bank accounts, creating a secure connection between a financial institution and the applications that use necessary information from it. While protecting sensitive information, Plaid retrieves important data from users’ bank accounts that applications may need, such as account balance, or account numbers of deposit or withdrawal.
Bumped partners with Plaid to ensure that transactions are safely and accurately tracked, in order to reward our users with free fractional shares of stock. Plaid simplifies this process while effectively protecting sensitive information.
Plaid uses encrypted, protected tokens to protect actual account information. Their security protocols include:
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) that shields any stored data, and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to protect data in transit between applications.
- Cloud infrastructure built to provide flexible and responsive protection.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) to protect identities and login credentials.
- 24/7 monitoring for immediate support.
- Independent security testing to ensure the platform cannot be breached.
Additionally, users can control exactly what data Plaid can have access to, including:
- Account and routing information
- Investment holdings
- Account profile information
Learn more about how Bumped safeguards our users’ data on our Security page.