Hi there. We're Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful, lasting relationships between customers and companies by turning loyal customers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable, understandable, and—dare we say it—fun.
You can see the details about our culture in the section below, but to summarize: we're building something great to help turn everyone into an owner, and partnering with brands and financial institutions that are passionate about relationships with their customers. After all, it's not about us. It's about customers and the brands they love, loving them back.
As VP of Sales, you will focus on building strategic partnerships with major brands, banks, and loyalty/rewards providers with new clients in crucial segment categories that drive growth and revenue for Bumped under the context of stock rewards. Storytelling, building trust and having a relentless pursuit of winning through the sales process will be key to success. You'll be expected to work with cross-functional teams and represent the best values of the organization at all times.
This role has the option to be remote.
- Understanding of Enterprise SaaS Platforms and/or Loyalty Strategy or Strategic Partnerships
- Responsible for unlocking, developing, and executing new brand partners and the sales strategy to drive volume growth across a variety of verticals
- Ability to seamlessly work with cross-functional teams leadership to develop a strategy to support brand partnerships
- Own brand partnership relationship end-to-end, from initial scoping to negotiations, and launch
- Conducts research on clients/prospects, industries, competitors, organizations and conferences; Create RFPs/proposals, market analyses, marketing/sponsorship opportunities, and other business development efforts to drive volume
- Ensure partner and campaign compliance in partnership with Securities team
- Strong communication and influencing skills, should be a compelling presenter to senior client audiences and able to influence large deals
- Excellent problem solving and analytics skills and should be able to go head to head with internal stakeholders and customers alike with fact-based thinking
- Strong commercial drive with ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership, subject matter expertise and business value
- Ability to thrive and build a robust pipeline
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- 5-10+ years of experience in sales management or sales development management
- Experience working with or for companies that focus on partnering with brands to help drive growth and / or loyalty solutions
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale processes and strategies to drive new revenue for the business
- Proven track record of increasing year over year revenue
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to maintain momentum and drive to close high-value deals
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner decision-maker
- Proven track record of overachievement of quota expectations
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Travel and conference attendance will be required
- Ability to manage account and contact information through the entire sales lifecycle process using the company CRM and prepare sales and activity reports as required
Working at Bumped
Here at Bumped, we believe in a culture of leadership. That means that all of our employees...
Own It: Leaders own results—whether things go right or wrong. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, we learn from our mistakes, we don't point fingers.
Get the Big Picture: Always seek to understand what's happening beneath the surface—from how we make company decisions to how your team prioritizes projects. Ask questions when you don't understand directives or decisions. It's much easier to believe in a mission when you fully understand it, as opposed to doing so simply because it was a directive.
Assess Your Alignment: Make sure everything you do — on an org, team, or project-level — is aligned with our overarching company goals and values. We must move in the same direction, or nothing will get done.
Be Advanced Humans: We value diversity, inclusivity, and humility. We're working hard to do something big, and we never lose sight of ethics and respect for all.
Let's build something great, together
Bumped is still in the early stages of our mission to make everyone an owner, we love the energy and creativity that happens when we are together. So, while we are open to hiring remotely for this position, we prefer people who are in the Portland area and can join us for collaboration sessions to keep the ideas flowing.
We have an amazing open office space in downtown Portland with room to grow. Assistance is provided to support multiple modes of transportation.
Bumpers currently have the option to work from home or in the office.
If Bumped's mission resonates and you feel like a fit for this role, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Make sure to include the role title in the subject line.