Effective as of October 21, 2021
The Information We Collect and Receive
In the course of operating the Platform and the Rewards Program, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information
When you enroll in the Rewards Program, or contact us about the Rewards Program, you will be required to provide us with certain personal information including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, and social security number. You may enroll directly in the Rewards Program on our Website(s), or through organizations that participate in the Rewards Programs including, but not limited to, banks and other financial institutions.
- Payment Information
- Transaction Information
If you are enrolled in the Rewards Program, when you make a purchase for goods and/or services at any of the merchants that participate in the Rewards Program (“Merchants") (including physical and online sales channels) (each, a “Purchase”), we will collect, or Plaid will collect on our behalf, information about your Purchase, including the date of the transaction, the dollar amount spent on such Purchase, the Merchant name, the transaction location, the transaction categorization, pending status, and related information about the Purchase (the “Transaction Information”).
- Securities Information
If you are enrolled in the Rewards Program, when you earn rewards in the form of securities, we, and our clearing firm partner, will collect information about these securities transactions. In addition, if you sell any of the securities you’ve earned through the Rewards Program via the Platform, we and our clearing firm will collect information about such sales. The information we collect under this section is referred to as “Securities Information.” Transaction Information may also include Securities Information.
- Geolocation Information
Certain features and functionalities of the Platform may be based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocation information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocation Information.” Collection of such Geolocation Information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocation Information, in which case we may not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
- Other Information
We may collect additional Personal Information and other information (collectively, the “Other Information”), such as:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as household income range, personal interests, and your product and service preferences.
b. From Your Activity. Additional information that we automatically collect when you use the Platform, including, without limitation:
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Platform, such as search queries, amount of time spent viewing pages, and other performance and usage data.
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Geo-location; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
- authenticate users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Platform are visited or used most frequently; and
- measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Platform.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, Payment Information, Transaction Information, Securities Information, Geolocation Information, and Other Information (collectively, “Information”) to provide you the Rewards Program and other services available on the Platform, solicit your feedback, and to improve our services to you. Also, we may share Information as described below, to the extent not prohibited by applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Platform, we might analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Platform to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share your Information with entities, companies and organizations that participants in the Rewards Program including, but not limited to, banks, credit unions and other financial institutions that participate in the Rewards Program and issue eligible credit or debit cards used by you as a Consumers to make purchases and engage in other activities that accrue Rewards. These participants in the Rewards Program may use, disclose, display, and process your Information in accordance with their own privacy policies which may include, but are not limited to, marketing and advertising activities in connection with their own products and services and/or products and services offered by third parties.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include companies and individuals providing marketing assistance, information technology support, ID verification, purchasing and selling securities, maintaining databases, and customer service. These other companies, including, without limitation, Plaid, will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. Our contracts with all such third parties require them to protect the confidentiality of the Information we provide to them.
- We may share your Transaction Information with Merchants for the limited purpose of comparing such information with the Merchant’s internal data in order to verify the authenticity of Purchase transactions and detect fraudulent transactions, as permitted by law.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bumped, our users, or others.
- We may add your Personal Information to anonymized cooperative database(s) accessible by third parties subscribing for such database(s) and/or share your personal information with third parties that are not service providers or vendors, in both cases, so that those third parties can send you information about their products and/or Service. If you do not wish to have your personal information added to cooperative database(s) and/or shared directly with these third parties (other than our service providers and vendors), please submit your request to our email at: [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Opt-out for Direct Marketing: Email Management
You may opt out at any time from the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by emailing the instructions to email@example.com or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Bumped marketing email and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Platform or any services.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [ firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations to guard non-public personal financial information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Retention of Your Information
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Platform, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information by following the instructions found on the Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Bumped marketing email. Registered users cannot opt out of receiving administrative or transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform and our servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform, you do so at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Bumped may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
In addition, Bumped does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us