Effective as of September 28, 2020
The Information We Collect and Receive
In the course of operating the Platform and the Rewards Program, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information When you register for the Rewards Program, or contact us, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, and social security number. We do not collect Personal Information from you when you visit the Platform unless you provide us with Personal Information voluntarily.
Card Linked Offers programs use RCLON for Transaction Monitoring and Verification Information. Moving money from a Bumped brokerage account to a bank account via Automated Clearing House (ACH) uses Plaid.
3. Transaction Information If you are enrolled in the Rewards Program, when you make a purchase for goods and/or services at any of the Merchants’ (as defined below) stores (including physical “In Store” and online “Online” sales channels) (each, a “Purchase”), we will collect, or our third-party payment vendor will collect on our behalf, information about your Purchase, including the date of the transaction, the dollar amount spent on Purchase, the Merchant name, the transaction location, the transaction categorization, transaction status, and related information about the Purchase (the “Transaction Information”). “Merchants” are participating merchants in the Rewards Program.
4. Securities Information If you are enrolled in the Rewards Program, when you earn rewards in the form of securities, we, and our clearing firm partner, will collect information about these securities transactions. In addition, if you sell any of the securities you’ve earned through the Rewards Program via the Platform, we and our clearing firm will collect information about such sales. The information we collect under this section is referred to as “Securities Information.”
5. Geolocational Information Certain features and functionalities of the Platform may be based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocation information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case we may not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
6. Other Information We may collect additional information (collectively, “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as household income range, personal interests, and your product and service preferences.
b. From Your Activity. Additional information that we automatically collect when you use the Platform, including, without limitation:
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device.
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Platform, such as search queries, amount of time spent viewing pages, and other performance and usage data.
c. About Your Device
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Geo-location; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
- authenticate users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Platform are visited or used most frequently; and
- measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Platform, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
f. From Other Sources. Additional information that we collect or receive from third-party sources in accordance with their privacy policies.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
How We Use and Share the Information
We use Personal Information, Payment Information, Transaction Information, Securities Information, Geolocational Information, and other Information (collectively, “Information”) to provide you the Rewards Program and other services available on the Platform, solicit your feedback, and to improve our services to you. Also, we may share Information as described below, to the extent allowable under applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Platform, we might analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners, and other third parties, including, without limitation, Merchants. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Platform to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. No personally identifiable information is shared with aggregated data.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include companies and individuals providing marketing assistance, information technology support, ID verification, purchasing and selling securities, maintaining databases, and customer service. These other companies, including, without limitation, Plaid, will only have access to the Information necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. Third parties are legally and contractually required to protect the confidentiality of Information provided.
- We may share Transaction Information with Merchants for purposes of comparing Information with the Merchant’s internal data in order to verify activity, including but not limited to the authenticity of Purchases and Transactions and to detect fraudulent transactions, as permitted by law.
We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and/or other companies under common control with us.
- We may share Information if we engage in the purchase or sale of businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, Information sharing may be required to facilitate these enterprise level activities.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bumped, our users, or others. Bumped may share data for purposes of academic research. Individually identifying data will not be shared. No Card Linked Offer (CLO) Program data will be shared for external academic research.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations to guard non-public personal financial information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. No security system is foolproof . We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Retention of Your Information
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Platform, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information by following the instructions found on the Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Bumped marketing email. Registered users cannot opt out of receiving administrative or transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform and our servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform, you do so at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Bumped may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
In addition, Bumped does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Card-Linked Offers Privacy Information
This Privacy Section applies to Card-Linked Offers within the Bumped App
Transaction Data: To confirm a Qualifying Purchase or return, and/or to match transactions for purposes of confirming whether you qualify for a security reward or an Offer; with the participating merchant where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred or that rewards should be awarded; for example, the date and amount of your purchase so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
Provide participating merchants or Third Party Service Providers aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to registered card activity solely to allow participating merchants and Third Party Service Providers to assess the results of their campaign;
Create a record of the transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with operating the Program;
Conduct analysis for the improvement and optimization of the Program; and Provide information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant. You authorize sharing, exchange and use of transaction data described above and herein by and among Bumped and Bumped’s Third Party Service Providers, applicable Payment Card Networks and applicable Merchants.
- Go to Linked Cards
- Click to edit a linked card
- Click to Remove Card
- You must repeat this process for every card you wish to remove (opt out)
How to Contact Us